Microneedling Benefits for Healthy Youthful Skin
Microneedling or collagen induction therapy of the skin continues to grow in popularity, especially over the past couple of years. Advancements in microneedling technology along with the ability to generate healthy skin with minimal to no downtime are two important factors for its rise in treatment popularity. Microneedling benefits and results are sometimes seen as early as 1-2 weeks after treatment.
Microneedling or skin needling uses tiny needles to create microchannels in your skin stimulating growth factors ultimately resulting in the formation of new collagen and elastin. This highly effective process of skin rejuvenation leaves your skin healthy and radiant.
- Reduces wrinkles and fine lines particularly lines under the eyes and around the mouth
- Improves the appearance of scars (acne, burn chicken pox, etc.) and stretch marks
- Improves the discolouration or hyperpigmentation of skin as seen in conditions like melasma
- Improves the appearance of sun damaged or photo aged skin
- The skin is tighter and firmer with smaller pores
- Helpful in hair loss conditions like androgenetic alopecia and alopecia areata
- Increases the absorption of topically applied serums and creams
- Treatments can be performed on various areas of the body including the face, neck, décolletage, chest, back, arms, back of hands, thighs, legs and abdomen
- Microneedling can be performed on all skin types
- Minimal to no downtime associated with treatment
The added beauty of microneedling with our Kelowna skin care specialists at Cerulean Medical Institute, is the creation of controlled and customized microchannels that allow us to increase the absorption of skin nutrients, facilitating healthy cellular function and skin renewal.
Call us on (778) 760-5050 today to book your customized microneedling treatment and say hello to healthy radiant skin. You deserve it.
Praven Chetty, MD, CCFP, DPD, DAAAM
Medical Director @ Cerulean Medical Institute, Kelowna, BC.